Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ultra Racing!

Finally got new product from Ultra Racing for my car. The new product is Side floor bar and also Front lower bar.. I had installed fender bar on my car and it still poison me with other bar as well. But, after installed the bar and I facing something which I need to be careful with it. The car will skid when the tire go tru hole or uneven road. This because the chasis already stiff, and the car will skid. If very dangerous if in high speed.. But I already normal with it. The main reason would be that now physically linked both sides of your car rigidly via the structs. Previously, the absorbers are bolted to the body, which had some amount of flexibility. When you hit an uneven patch of road, the chassis of the car flexes a little, allowing you some amount of comfort & keeping a linear line of movement. Cars are built to do that, so we would have been accustomed to such scenario.

Now, that have the bar, what has happened is shock & movements from one side of the car is directly transferred to the opposing side of the car via the bar. As such, when the left wheel suddenly changes trajectory, the effect is reciprocated to the opposing wheel. This is why get the 'skidding' feeling. You'd get the same effect is you were driving a racing-bred car. Sound dangerous right? Yeah. If not use to it, then will be very difficult. So after I finish with my UR bar, then I might be going install straight flow exhaust system on my car after I listen some benefit from my friend. It increase pick up but if top speed, i think will drop a little bit.

No comments: